Intercession goes beyond prayer and praying in the spirit. It's a deep prayer that involves the whole body and spirit. It's so intense that the spirit takes over and at times you blackout and the spirit takes over. Jesus interceded at Gethsemane.
(39) And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.
(40) And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
(41) And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
(42) Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
(43) And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
(44) And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
(45) And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,
(46) And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
That's a very powerful set of verses. Jesus prayed so hard it was like drops of blood and an angel had to come and strengthen Him. That went beyond the prayer of a word and went into intercession. That was a world-changing prayer. He was interceding for the world. For future revivals and lost souls. He was doing real spiritual warfare and it was deep. Jesus knew how to pray, and He is our example in all things.
We need to pray like that. We need to go into our prayer closet and intercede for lost souls and revival. For loved ones, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, spouses, and children to get saved. For them to get right with God and live a holy life. For them to get freed from addictions and the devil and his demons to leave them. That takes intercession and warfare and fasting. That takes a time of prayer.
I am not running down praying in Tongues but deep country-changing prayer is beyond that. It's giving birth in the spirit. Intercession is giving birth in the Spirit. You know how a woman does when she is in labor. Her whole body feels it and gets into it. It's very intense and can take hours or days to give birth to the baby. In the Spirit, it's equally intense.
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
Intercession is travailing in the spirit and giving birth to lost souls into the kingdom of heaven. Pulling them out of hell and into heaven.
(17) Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Consider ye, and call for the mourning women, that they may come; and send for cunning women, that they may come:
(18) And let them make haste, and take up a wailing for us, that our eyes may run down with tears, and our eyelids gush out with waters.
(19) For a voice of wailing is heard out of Zion, How are we spoiled! we are greatly confounded, because we have forsaken the land, because our dwellings have cast us out.
(20) Yet hear the word of the LORD, O ye women, and let your ear receive the word of his mouth, and teach your daughters wailing, and every one her neighbour lamentation.
America is at that place right now. We have lost our standing with God. We have went to idols and false gods. We have left our first love and the judgment of God is on this country, the world, and city. We need to return to God and intercede for our family, city, country, and world. We need to travail in the spirit like a mother in birth pains to see revival in the country. This country needs to return to God and that happens when the church travails and intercedes.
2 Chronicles 7:13-16
(13) If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
(14) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
(15) Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
(16) For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
We need to humble ourselves and intercede church. Wake up, God is saying wake up. Listen to what I have to say church. Wake up, pray intercede call in the wailers, and pray. Call the people everyone to pray and travail and give birth to a revival. To a move of the spirit. To healing of the land. Call everyone and compel them to come in and pray. We need revival. We need a move of God in this city and country. Your loved ones need revival.
People are dying of overdoes right now in this city. They are sitting right now on their couch thinking there is no hope. That no one loves them, and everyone wants them dead. They want to give up. They have had a horrible life of sexual abuse and family members tossing them from one house to another saying they give up they can't handle them. No one has shown them God's love, so they are giving up.
It's time to travail and intercede before it's too late for that person, this city, or country. We need to pray as we have never prayed to see revival.
One time I was going to this church. Everyone was gone after the service. Only a few people were left; the pastor’s wife and a few others. I was sitting on the front row talking to the pastor’s wife. The spirit of intercession hit me. The fire of God fell on me, and I was shaking all over. It was so strong I thought I was going to die. The fire was strong. Finally, I passed out and came to with what I thought was a few minutes at most. I asked her how long it has been, and she replied a few hours. She was sitting there the whole-time writing notes from what I was prophesying. She told me that I was telling her revival was coming and pointed out to her how to expand the building to hold more people and the new church layout. She spoke. “How did you know that?” We designed the church with all that in mind for a later date.
The spirit took over and I was interceding for revival, and it was so intense that my body couldn't take it and the spirit took over completely. Then the spirit prophesied through me. We need groups of people to allow God to use them like that to see revival again. For that person to turn their life over to God and not turn to suicide we need to travail and let the spirit take over. We need revival!
Let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O LORD, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?
Now when Ezra had prayed, and when he had confessed, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God, there assembled unto him out of Israel a very great congregation of men and women and children: for the people wept very sore.
Therefore he said that he would destroy them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach, to turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them.
(26) Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
(27) And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
I have been praying for a while now for someone I know to get saved. One day while praying God showed me a vision. He showed me what is going on around them Spiritually. I saw them in a big room and all around them was thick darkness. You could feel the darkness it was darker than nighttime. It was the darkest dark I have ever seen. There was stuff in the air, and I saw flying around her demons. The demons were horrible looking and they had claws. The demons were ripping and clawing at her flesh ripping it off. They were also biting her and taking chunks out of her.
God said that's what you are up against and interceding for. To remove the darkness and demons around her so she can see and hear the gospel. It's blocking her from hearing and seeing God's word. Her surroundings need to be cleaned and purged before she can even feel a pull of the spirit. She is lost in thick darkness and no way out but through deep intercession.
There are cities surrounded by this darkness. We need to intercede for the city we are in and the nation to see real lasting revival. We need to get on our knees and intercede. We need to repent for the sins of the city and nation. We need to let the spirit take over and pray until there is a breakthrough. Until God tells us, the heavens are now open and clear.
Before the great Argentina revival groups of students prayed for hours and hours for days. One stood against the wall crying and weeping to God repenting for the nation’s sins for hours at a time with no food. Weeping deeply and crying loudly. All the students were in real deep travail for their country. There were tears on the floor he was crying so hard. God opened the heavens over that country and sent revival.
This city needs revival and needs the heavens cleared and open. We need a revival in this city and country badly. There are dying people out there lost.
We need to weep and say spare your people God. Bring revival, forgive us God for being lukewarm. Forgive the church for not living right. We need revival, God. We need your glory in this place, God. Please show us your glory. We need revival in this city. God send REVIVAL!